10/07/2007

Well, my time at the high school is done. They had an incredible concert on Thursday and I was so proud of them. On Friday we had tons of fun. We talked a lot about the concert and I took a lot of pictures. The treble choir girls threw a goodbye party for me with lots of food and cards that had lots of sweet thoughts on them. I am really going to miss those kids. From now on I will go to the elementary school every day. The little ones are so cute but I really made friends with the older kids.
My mixed choir. I got to work with this choir the most. They kind-of became my project. These are kids with basic to no singing ability that have never really sung in choir before. They are a wonderful bunch of kids.
This is me and my mentor teacher Shelly Andes.


My treble choir girls. I really developed a close bond with these girls. They are the ones that threw me a party.

This is the cake they made me.


This is the Concert Choir. Most of them weren't there on Friday because it was senior ditch day. This is the most advanced choir and they are absolutely amazing to stand in front of and direct.

Everything else in life is going great. Bob and I are talking a lot about going and teaching English in Korea. It won't be until he graduates in May but we are really excited about the possibility. My candle business is going great. It is starting to get busy because of the holidays, but that is how I like it. I don't have have too many private students right now which is kind of nice in a way. Primary music is going well. The program is coming up so learning has almost stopped due to practicing the program. Not a lot of fun for me because I don't get to teach any new songs. Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

rballgirly said...

Yay!!! Another great teacher about to enter the force ;) Love the kids and you will love the work.