4/29/2009

Update

I (Emily) figured it was about time that I filled everybody in on my job situation. As most of you know I have been teaching at two high schools this year and it has been really stressful trying to juggle both. I just recently had both high schools offer me full time next year. I have accepted the position at Del Norte. The program over there is really growing. My first day in class I had 1 choir made up of 18 kids. Now I have almost 40 in my choir with almost 100 signed up for choir next year. I have had so much fun over there with very little stress. La Cueva (the other school I have been at) has been very stressful this year. It is a very time consuming program and the students and parents have had a very hard time adjusting. I have loved my administration and co-workers over there but it just isn't worth the stress. I have put my poor husband and health in second place way to many times this year to want to do it again. I just told my students at both schools today. I wanted to wait till the end of the year but La Cueva has already posted the job on line and some students saw it and started talking.
Another excited thing about Del Norte is the classes that I will teach. Right now they are talking about 3 choirs, an orchestra, and a dance class. The orchestra hasn't really existed this year so they will mostly be beginners and I can learn along with them in a lot of ways. I took some classes in college so I know the basics and I am really excited to learn more. The dance class I am thrilled about because it will keep me in shape and help keep stress down. The only excercise I have had time for this year are occasional walks with my dogs. O.k, not occasional, rare (Sorry puppies!). I am going to look into class in strings and dance for this summer/fall to keep me learning and maybe even start my masters while I am at it. I really miss taking classes and want to go back. I know that I am in a classroom all day but its different.

2 comments:

Sarra said...

Emily, you're weird! I only know a handful of people who LIKE to go to school and be in a class and have homework, and all that! That's exciting that you have a job that you love and will love you back. :)

Stacy said...

sounds like you made an excellent choice! And that dance class sounds like a lot of fun!