2/24/2011

Quick!

Both boys are taking naps so if the blog feels a little rushed thats why. I am also going to attempt to eat lunch or shower (maybe both!) durning this blissful moment of quiet so here is a super fast recap of the last couple weeks. I apologize in advance for the many typo's that I am sure you will find:
Bob had a week off work after Isaac was born and the poor thing didn't even find time to shave because he was nursing me back to health and looking after both boys. And I will proudly add that I didn't change a single diaper (Dean's or Isaac's) for 9 days after giving birth. I love you Bob! Here is a look at the stock we keep on hand. We go through about 100+ diapers a week, yes, thats right, a week!

I think Bob really enjoyed his time at home. It was super cute watching him bond with his boys.




I have been loving matching outfits for the boys. The "Mommy" one I wasn't able to get a picture of both before Isaac leaked out of it. Gotta be quicker next time...


One of my favorite things to do is give the boys baths. Dean hated his first one but Isaac was very calmed by the warm water.














And of course Dean loves them now. Can you count the rolls?
Dean was also introduced to his booster seat and rice cereal after we got home with Isaac. I don't know how much he is actually swallowing but he does enjoys it.


Having a little brother around sure is hard work! Everyone has enjoyed taking naps...
Now to fill you in on Isaac: Dean was and still is such an easy baby that I forgot that babies can be fussy sometimes. Isaac is definitely more challenging but I am learning the tricks. The first is that I'm not aloud to eat green chili for a while. It is something that I LOVE about NM but Isaac doesn't agree. Second is that as long as he is cuddling with someone or in his swing he will sleep. Bob and I invested in some rechargeable batteries because that swing is running day and night! Here are some pics of Isaac and the beautiful blankets that that Great-Grandma Brough made for him. I had to do a photo shoot because he looked so cute wrapped up in it.




I love watching the boys watch each other and I can't wait till they get old enough to play with each other.This picture warms my heart every time I look at it. Dean just seems thrilled to have his little brother there and I hope they always feel this way about one another.


8 comments:

Brad and Lisa said...

They are both so adorable Bob and Emily. I can't imagine how busy you must be, but what huge blessings you now have! :)

ShannonD said...

Loved the update! The boys are adorable. If it makes you feel any better about the diapers...we haven't STOPPED buying diapers since June of 2001 and we're in it for another year at least! That's a lotta Huggies! Best Wishes!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for posting these photos!! I was dying to see more, but I didn't dare ask for them because I know how insane your lives are!! I also know how hard it is to use a naptime to do anything other than shower or sleep, so THANK YOU!! Such cute nephews we have!!

Mutti said...

Grandma Terry is counting the days 'til she can change some of those 100 weekly diapers. (p.s. Grandpa Terry can, and does, change diapers!)

Heather Jewell said...

Thanks for the photos! They are too cute and I'm glad to see you're doing well.

Jess & Jessica said...

Those two are ADORABLE!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that last picture of Dean with his arm around Issac! So cute. Good luck with the boys.

Nancy said...

I love those Bobily boys so much!! One of these days I will get something sent off for Isaac. I can hardly wait for Sheri and Garth to get there to see their other two grandboys. Don and I want to come and see them too! We love you guys!

Sarra said...

Your boys are precious! I think they'll always be happy to have each other, and it will be a great strength to them later on when life gets more challenging.