12/21/2008

St. George

Well, now that it's almost Christmas I guess it's time to blog about what we did for Thanksgiving.

We left Albuquerque at about 5pm the Wednesday before Thanksgiving on our roughly 600 mile journey to St. George, Utah. When going on trips we usually try to get there fast and so we can take it slow.  This means we drive straight through and made it to St. George at about 2am on Thanksgiving. Since we were driving at night we didn't get to enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery in the country--in the world for that matter. It was a little disappointing to see signs pointing towards one "Scenic View" or another around almost every turn. All we really had to look at was our new-ish, unnamed Saturn Vue. When this realization came to us we thought about calling our car our Scenic Vue. Thanks to all who made suggestions for Scenic's name we considered a lot of different things, but our trip provided us with a name we didn't expect.

My mom's parents, G&G Brough were kind enough to let us crash at their place for the few nights we were in Utah. It was wonderful to spend Thanksgiving with so much family. All of my mom's siblings were there with all of their families. The only people that weren't able to make it were my immediate family, but that's just the way things worked out. Sometimes I feel like my family likes Emily more than they like me, but at times like this I'm sure they like her more.     ;)

Unfortunately we kept forgetting to take our camera with us when we went places so we don't have any pictures of our family members, but here are a few memorable moments:

  • My grandparents having to show their grandkids how to play a video game, the Wii.
  • My grandparents showing up their grandkids when playing the Wii.
  • Little Cannon (one of my cousins) and all of his quotable quotes--like when he asked me, "Do you have a girlfriend like me?" He seemed really impressed when I told him that I not only have a girlfriend, but that she was sitting right over there on the couch.  I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to bring his girlfriend on the next family outing.
  • Fun on the Wii Fit--especially my uncle Brian hula hooping and 'everyone' getting hit in the head by flying soccer cleats.

On our way home on Sunday we did get to see some of the scenic views that we missed on our way to St. George. Here are couple of pictures near the Glen Canyon Dam and Lake Powell.






1 comment:

Mutti said...

Can you blame us for loving Em so much?? One of the things that makes her so great is that she married YOU! (That means you are great:) Is that convoluted 'mom' logic?