5/12/2009

I'm going to Alaska!!!


Yep! You heard me. For mothers day I called Mutti (Bob's mom-its German for mother) and told her that I would like to plan a trip to come and see her. Like I said in the last blog Bob doesn't have that much time off so I will be going by myself. I am sure some of you are scratching your heads trying to figure out what sane woman would be doing spending 2 weeks with her in laws without her husband even there. That's because you don't know my in-laws. I have always been very close with my mother-in-law and am thrilled that I will be able to go up and play with her for two weeks in Alaska after not seeing her for so long. She moved up there about two years ago and I have missed her terribly.

Another exciting thing about this trip is that I am in love with salmon and they have lots up there (it is their state fish).I plan on eating more then my fair share while I am up there. It is making me salivate just thinking about it....

Another good thing is that I am planning on being up there in the end of July and early August. It is not too cold at that point and will actually be nice after a hot summer here. The highs are in the mid forty's and the low is in the thirty's. Even this summer girl can handle that for a couple weeks. I told Mutti that Christmas was out the question when she moved up there. I really don't do cold very well.

I love you Mutti and will see you soon!

5 comments:

Team Aries said...

Sounds cool, ha ha. Bring us back a polar bear.

Heather Jewell said...

What fun!

Mutti said...

I can't wait, Emily! We are going to have so much fun and eat so much salmon! Maybe you can take some home to Bob. Love you!

EmilyLemily said...

That would be so much fun! I would love to go visit my in-laws with or without Ison! They are all so nice and fun...and there are so many of them!

BobBruff said...

Who's the guy with the fish?