12/09/2007

Ode to Mrs. Terry

So it has been my last couple days at the elementary school and I saw some of the kids for the last time the other day. They brought really cute cards telling me how much they would miss me and how great I was. What a confidence booster! One of the cards was especially memorable. It was a poem from a little 3rd grade girl named Judith. This is how it went:
Lovely teacher, lovely teacher,
eyes of periwinkle blue.
You are such a pretty creature,
and I'm so in love with you.
Isn't that so precious! I am really going to miss the elementary school. It turns out that there are no elementary gigs open in January so I don't think I can teach next semester. I have been looking for other jobs (our plan was to both work so we can save up money) at Gap and other stores, but I am kind-of bummed that I have worked so hard to get a degree that I can't find a job with. I know its just because its in the middle of the year, but I was really hoping to find something in the Spring. I just hope I can find a job that will give me health insurance.
So, most of you know that I love shopping on Black Friday and this year was just as good as the others. For my graduation gift, Bob bought me a guitar, and we found it for about $65. That is a great deal for those of you that don't know. It is a Washburn acoustic guitar and I love it. We were at the stores at 4 in the morning and went straight until lunch time. We had a list of all the places we wanted to go and when they opened so we were very organized. We also got new phones. They are Blackberry Pearls with internet service and they are so cool. The best part was that they were running a deal so we got both phones free, $100 gift certificate to Sams, $100 credit on our phone bill, and two free airline tickets. We are actually saving money having these phones because since they have internet, we canceled our dial-up and our home phone.
Wish me luck on graduation this Saturday. I am singing a solo during the ceremony and I am really excited. I can't believe I am actually done! I have been in school for my entire life and I really think I am going to miss it. Call me a nerd but I really like school.

1 comment:

Mutti said...

Judith is a very observant and insightful young woman. Who could say it any better?