2/03/2008

Catching up

So, I know you all think that we have fallen off the face of the earth but here we are. Since the last time I wrote an update, I graduated from college, went on vacation, and got a full time and part time job. I graduated on December 15th and it was really weird to know that I was done with school. It is really odd getting off work and not taking anything home with me that I need to do. I just got my diploma in the mail this week and Bob can't wait to get it framed. The sad thing about graduating is that I haven't been able to find a full time teaching job. Since it is the middle of the school year the pickings were pretty slim.
I did find a job with the Albuquerque Girls chorus as a director. I am in charge of the prep school (girls in kindergarten to 3rd grade) and then I assist with the other girls that go all the way to seniors in high school. It meets on Monday nights for a couple hours and I have really been enjoying it. The girls are super talented (they had to audition to get in) and they learn the music faster then I can get it out to them. The other job I got was with a local credit union here in town. Rachel (Bob's sister) has worked there for a while so had the inside connections to get me in. I just finished up my third week there and received my first pay check. I am enjoying the job but it is definitely not teaching. I miss the kids and working with music all day. It just doesn't give me the satisfied feeling that I get after I teach. However, it was a wonderful feeling seeing that first pay check.
After Christmas we took a wonderful visit down to Gilbert Arizona to visit the Broughs down there (Bob's Uncle Don and his family for those of you not on the Terry side of the family). We were there for almost a week after Christmas and I wish we could have stayed longer. We watched movies, played games, ate really good food (big thanks to Nancy for that), and did a lot of puzzles. It was my perfect idea of a vacation and the weather was gorgeous down there. Thanks to Don and Nancy for the awesome time!
Bob is done with school this semester and we can't wait. He has a neat interview coming up with the Department of Treasury and I can't wait to figure out where we will be in the future and buy a house!
I promise I will post a bunch of pictures of our trip and Christmas and such when I get another couple minutes. Hope all is well!
Emily

No comments: