2/12/2008

The OCC Interview

I guess you're wondering how my interview went with the OCC this morning. I think it went pretty well. I was supposed to be interviewing with 2 people, but I only ended up interviewing with one. The other had a family emergency and had to fly back to Phoenix last night. I interviewed with Joseph Carper. I think I answered the questions well and am really hoping to get a second interview. In early April (I think it is on the 7th), the OCC is flying about 90 people up to their District Office in Denver for a day-long interview/testing extravaganza. The interviews will be with upper-level management. The testing will be part multiple choice and part...I don't know what to call it...basically I will have to read a report that is pretty long and will be required to summarize it in 1-2 pages. Generally a lot of people do well on the multiple choice, but not on the summarization. Out of the 90 or so that go for the second round of testing, 20 people are selected/given offers for permanent positions. I may not know until late March whether I will be going to Denver, but he said it could be as early as the week of March 10th. The actual position doesn't begin until June 23rd. Let me know if you have any questions.

Bob

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob might be getting a job with the Orange County Choppers! Sweet!

Mutti said...

I LOVE your new layout and background!

Anonymous said...

Hello Bob,
Hope things went out well.
i have a quantitative GMAT style test scheduled soon with OC&C. any hints on that?

Anonymous said...

I was searching about interview with the OCC and came across your blog. Was the second interview at their office difficult? What type of questions they asked? What was the written communication test about? Thanks for your help!

Best,
Trent