11/09/2008

Fun Purchases

We've done a lot of purchasing the past few weeks here in the Bobily household. The most exciting blog-related purchase was this week when we got hi-speed internet hooked up at our house. Emily's comment after surfing the web for a few minutes was, "I can't believe we lived without this for so long." We now have no excuse not to blog every week...unless being busy or not feeling like we have anything to blog about are valid reasons not to blog. I didn't think so.

We've been buying a few things for our home and yard lately. First, let me introduce you to the Leaf Hog 4500:

http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductImages/PC_Graphics/PHOTOS/BDK/OUTDOOR_PRODUCTS/TOOLS/SMALL/4/LH4500_1.gif

We decided this particular item would be beneficial in light of the fact that we have 5 large trees in our yard and several other small trees. I won't bore you with specifics of what the LH 4500 can do (like it's 16:1 bag ratio or it's metal 'sucking' blade), but if you want to check it out click here for a link to the Black & Decker website.
The Leaf Hog makes both of our dogs a bit nervous, but especially Deviny. She was actually trying to attack the machine while I was using it.

Another purchase we made recently was a replacement for the old stove/range/oven that we think was the original from when the house was built in 1973. Here's a picture of another stove that is comparable to ours, but is a pic I found on the internet since we forgot to take a pic of our old one which was actually a gas-powered model. (How's that for a run-on sentence?)

http://poofergirlsperspective.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/oldstove.JPG

We are really enjoying our new one:

Wow! It took less than 10 seconds to upload that pic. Our old dialup used to take several minutes to do that.

Hopefully you all noticed the beautiful paint job Emily did with the "cranberry" and white. I love it!










There are a few other things we are looking at spending money on soon. For those of you who know me I HATE spending money so a lot of these purchases are bittersweet, but necessary.
We are told that the 4-year old, 19 inch, Daewoo TV we got for our wedding needs to either be replaced or we need to buy a converter box before February of next year. Rather than spend more money to convert our TV than it's worth we will most likely be upgrading in the near future.
Long-time followers of the BBBBlog know that my car, Mortimer, has had his share of problems. For those of you who need a refresher check out my previous posts about him here. I was cleaning out Mortimer's glove compartment out the other day and I found the paperwork from when my family bought him in 1998. Well, a few weeks ago I noticed Mortimer's brakes were doing a bit of grinding. I took him in to get a quote on repairs. The verdict: $1400 to repair brakes, struts, shocks, etc. We got several hundred dollars worth of those repairs done, but are in the process of shopping for another vehicle. We are hoping to get a killer deal on a car and I have a feeling that the market is in our favor.

I'd like to take this opportunity to brag more about my wonderful wife. Every time I speak with parents and children at the school they tell me what an amazing job she's doing. I love her so much and am proud of what she's accomplished so far.
A few weeks ago they had a choreographer fly in to help the kids at La Cueva (that's Spanish for 'the Cueva') and I spent a lot of time at the school the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the group was doing the choreography. The biggest reason I was there was due to the fact that I wanted to see my wife at least a little bit during that 3-day period. It is interesting to me to see her in 'teacher mode.' You can check out the La Cueva Choirs Website here, but some of the pics on the website are from last year and don't quite reflect Em's style.

For those of you who were following Edward Kidnapped My Wife before--please start checking it out again. I will be blogging on there soon while I read and write about the remaining 3 books in the Twilight Saga.

P.S. La Cueva actually means 'the cave' and their mascot is surprisingly the bears ( los osos).

4 comments:

Sarra said...

that paint job is AWESOME!! i hope you are saving some money for black friday - it's coming up and i know how you guys love it!
steve and i are also in the market for a new car. not because ours is old and in need of a nursing home like mortimer, but because we want to be safe on our long trek back to utah in the dead of winter, and we also want to be comfortable.
i'm excited to read about your twilight adventures again - it should be very entertaining. hopefully i'll be able to relax a bit and read it! i am taking 3 classes at night this coming semester and i have a feeling i'll be very busy.

jess and jessica said...

wow that is one good looking stove. Emily you did a great job on the painting!!! I love the colors! Have fun with your spending! :)

Unknown said...

I missed the BBBBlog so much! I'm so glad you're back, and I'm excited for you about your purchases!
~Rachel

Anonymous said...

Bob, Your blog is magnifico--that's magnificient in Spanish in case you were wondering. Love you.