11/13/2008

We need your help!

Well, we spent over 5 hours of our Veteran's Day shopping for a new vehicle. I won't go into a long story here of the whole day...that would probably take 5 hours to write, but I will tell you that we puchased a car yesterday after spending more time at the Saturn dealership getting the price a little lower. We got a really good deal, by the way.
You already know that we can be a little weird at times so it shouldn't surprise you that we name our cars. Maybe we're not that weird. You might remember 'Mortimer' (who has 177,777 miles on him) or 'Rose', the red 2002 Chevy Cavailier I'll be driving now. I don't know if I can feel 'manly' enough driving a car named 'Rose' so I might call her 'Bud.' The blue Chevy Astro our family used to drive was called 'Papa Smurf.' Here's what we need help with: we need help naming our silver 2007 Saturn Vue. Please post comments with your ideas on a name or with reports on what names your cars have. Here's a pic of what our new vehicle looks like:



7 comments:

Sarra said...

Alright, we've come up with a couple of names. I suggest either Neptune or Jupiter (Roman mythology) plus it would be funny. And Steve suggests Titan, because that's a moon of Saturn.

Mutti said...

I'll second Steve's suggestion of Titan.

Stacy said...

silver bullet or silver surfer?

ShannonD said...

Hi guys! We name our cars, too! I have a few ideas...My favorite is Sterling. Plateado means silvery in Spanish...what is the Korean word for silver? Good Luck!Make sure you post when you make a choice!
Shannon and family

Gallup Family said...

My parents had a pickup named Fred. I always seem to refer to my vehicles as Bessie. For instance, "Atta girl Bessie, you can do it." As we try to speed up on the freeway. I like the names Titan and Neptune. I also suggest Knight and QuickSilver. Also Mercurio which is Spanish for Mercury.

EmilyLemily said...

Hmm...I have never named a car before...I like the names Titan as well. So glad you got a new car!

Tom and Alison said...

Hmm... you might consider honoring your former work superior - Benny Bunkins... just a thought.

My first vehicle was a 1984 short bed full sized windowless van with brown paint that would rub off on your clothes. Most people avoided eye contact with me - sure that I would abduct them if I was in any way encouraged. My friends named it "Brown Poo", which was a very fitting name. Brown Poo was later painted Silver and given to an employee of my sister's window cleaning business as a Christmas bonus... Brown Poo became known as "The Silver Poo Bullet". Good luck in naming your new car!

Tom