5/31/2010

Rake In Town!

You may remember me blogging about my sister and her husband coming to visit last year. You can read about it here. Rachel and Jake are back in the U.S.A. and they've been staying with us.

Rather than me trying to tell you about their trip I'll just show you a few things they've posted on their blog.

FRIDAY, MAY 28, 2010

In the USA


We're just hanging out in the USA right now. Jacob's at a class in Mississippi, and I'm at my brother Bob's house in Albuquerque. I've enjoyed spending time with him and his awesome wife Emily and their 3 lively dogs: Deviny, Zeppelin and Oscar (pictured with me above, fancying himself a lap dog).

I also got to see my sister-in-law Micaela and my fabulous nephew Jacob and his equally-fabulous sister Emily. My father-in-law Jim was even in town, and we all had dinner tonight after nephew Jacob's T-ball game.

I've also been working in the office, which has been wonderful! More updates to come...

MONDAY, MAY 31, 2010

New Mexico



Jacob came to Albuquerque for the weekend; it was wonderful to see him, and it was also really fun to visit some of our old favorite places together! One of the things we love most about New Mexico is that my brother Bob and his wife Emily live here. They're fabulous! We're also fond of their dogs. I love this picture of Bob holding Deviny (who is way too big to be held) and Emily laughing in the background.
And then there's the food. Truth be told, it's the real reason Jacob came to Albuquerque for the weekend. :) Here's a carne adovada omelet from Weck's and the world-famous El Pinto nachos.

Hey, this is Bob again. You can read more about Rachel and Jacob's journeys (both here and in Europe) by heading to their blog at http://englishpatience.blogspot.com/


No comments: