7/16/2008

So, I (Emily) haven't blogged in a while and I apologize because you have been getting random facts from Bob instead of Bobily facts. The latest thing that we are really excited about is that we found a dog. Or rather, she found us. I was at work about a week and a half ago and the cutest little puppy wondered in. She didn't have a tag/collar on her and I was absolutely in love with her. Bob and I were planning on adopting a dog from the pound as soon as we moved into our home. Being a responsible person, I took her into the pound to make sure that no one was looking for her and that she didn't have a microchip in her. The pound said that I had to search for her owners (check the newspaper, fliers, websites) and that if no one claimed her in two weeks she was mine. I was also on the local news that night because there was a guy from one of the stations that got me one camera while this was all going on. I went home to pick up Bob and then we went to Petsmart to buy food, a collar, dishes, toys and of course a pooper scooper. This Saturday will be two weeks and she will be officially ours. The vet said she is about 3 months old and is some kind of Pit bull mix. She weighed in at 17lbs and she will get about twice that when she is full grown. I will let her tell you the rest....Hello! My name is Deviny (also known as Devin or Devi).I love to eat...



And play.....
And sleep. I have huge paws which means I am going to be a big girl someday...
But right now I am still small and the stairs kind-of scare me.

I also am very spiritual and love to feast upon the word of the Lord.

As you can see we have the most beautiful dog in the whole world. We are still working on potty training but she is picking up on it quickly. We also have to hide her from the apartment management because we are not suppose to have dogs. It is a good thing that we are closing on our house next week (the 22nd of July) because I can tell Deviny is really wanting a big backyard.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh no, the book! Haha, what a cute dog.

Mutti said...

Emily, Good job on the dog blog! She is REALLY cute! I love watching her in action.

Gallup Family said...

I'm beginning to think that pets are very spiritual creatures. Our cats are attracted to our scripture as well and must be sitting right next to us when we are reading our scriptures :)