7/28/2008

We are library nerds!

I don't know if we have mentioned this before, but our new house is really close to a city library...Google Maps says that it is a distance of 0.2 miles from our house and we are really stoked to have it so close.
http://www.clubalbuquerque.com/files/Library-LomasTramway01_small.jpg
A week ago Saturday Bobily made a trek to the Lomas Tramway Library (pictured above) to "check it out." We both needed to renew our cards. Having attended school the last few years and having access to theUNM libraries we haven't really needed access to the city libraries. I think the cards look pretty spiffy too.
http://www.shopliftwindchimes.com/blogpix/librarycard.jpg
We have access to the internet for free during operating hours and we have access to tons of free books.
In addition to being a library nerd I (Bob) am also a finance nerd. Here are my finds from the library last week:

"The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham
  • Warren Buffett (the second richest man in the world behind Bill Gates) considers the book, "By far the best book on investing ever written."
  • Some people think of Donald Trump as one of the richest men out there--he's worth $2.9 Billion while Warren Buffett is worth $52 Billion.
"Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki
  • I'm reading this to see what the hype is all about. I'll let you know.
"The Random Walk Guide to Investing: Ten Rules for Financial Success," by Burton Malkiel
  • Malkiel wrote a book called, "A Random Walk Down Walstreet" that I really enjoyed. We'll see if he just repeats himself or if he's added to his material.
Emily has one book checked out..."The Princess Bride" by William Goldman.

We'll let you know what we think...

1 comment:

Tom and Alison said...

Well Bob, I can tell you that the first 30 pages or so of Rich Dad Poor Dad was pretty interesting... read like a story book. Actually the first 30 pages was a story. At that point I decided to go back to school so I haven't picked it up since! Now that I'm unemployed again (mass layoffs tend toward the newer employees) maybe I'll pick it back up... let me know what you think of the book!

-Tom