9/22/2011

Solitary confinement sounds appealing...

I used to find blogging stressful and as you can tell by all my blogs this week, I am finding it rather therapeutic. Isaac reminded me this morning of something else I needed to share:
I clearly remember my mother complaining that she couldn't even have 2 minutes to go to the bathroom without one of us shouting "mom" and running in to find her about something. I always thought she was being melodramatic but I am starting to see what she meant.
Taking a shower is one of my favorite things to do. It is that time of the day where I can clear my head, take deep breaths and mentally organize my day. Since having the boys I have found it next to impossible to find a time when both the boys are down for naps for me to take a shower. So, I usually just lock whoever is awake in the bathroom with me with some toys to occupy their attention, the toilet seat down and the trashcan up on the counter. Usually I can manage to have at least one down for a nap but a few weeks ago on a Sunday Bob was at meetings and I desperately needed to get ready to go so I had both the boys in there. This is the day both boys found out where mom went and all the fun I was having and decided to join. This is what Bob discovered when he got home:


Both of the boys LOVE water but Dean only loves it when it is not in his face. When it is he sputters, coughs and holds his breath like the trickle of water down his nose is drowning him. Isaac on the other had isn't bothered at all and both boys don't let that stop them from joining mom every, single, time. So long relaxing shower time!


2 comments:

Heather Jewell said...

So cute! And I love the multitasking. Washing clothes and babies at the same time, nice!

ShannonD said...

This made me laugh. It's wonderful! I love it when Daddies walk in just when you need them to see what really goes on all day, too. Best wishes!