3/23/2008

Happy Birthday Bob!

By now you all know that I, Robert Brough Terry, am a strange fellow. I wrote fairly extensively several months ago about how I don't really like questions pertaining to what I would like to receive for gifts on special occasions. In that post (November 4, 2007) I was referring to Christmas gifts, but in some ways birthdays are even worse. I don't really like the attention I receive just for making it through another 365.242199 days. My response to the ever dreaded, "What do you want for your birthday this year?" question just happened to be, "I really want an iron and ironing board!" I'm not sure if this request is stranger than the squeegee request at Christmastime, but the number of funny looks I got when I told them that an iron would be the perfect gift for me on my 26th birthday was quite amazing. I have just needed an upgrade. Here is a few pics that show the small iron/ironing board I've been using (or not using because they're too small) along with the new birthday upgrades.


My wonderful wife gave me this new, improved ironing board and Dave and Jane (my in-laws) teamed up with her to provide this awesome iron.




















Again, I would like to thank 4 of the people I know who actually listen when I give them strange requests...thank you Dave, Jane, Emily and Nancy. (FYI-Nancy gave me a squeegee).



1 comment:

Jen said...

It's good to hear from you, love your blog--thanks for the laughs!