3/24/2008

White Sands Trip

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/61/White_Sands_New_Mexico.jpg/648px-White_Sands_New_Mexico.jpg


This past Friday and Saturday I (Bob) had the opportunity of taking a group of about 2 dozen youth from our Ward down to White Sands National Monument for an overnight trip. (FYI-Youth come in dozens. They're sort of like eggs)
White Sands is the world's largest gypsum dune field where over 275 square miles of desert are covered by white gypsum.
Sledding is a common activity at white sands as well as playing football, Frisbee, baseball, etc. I don't have pics of all the activities that we did, but this will give you an idea.


Setting up camp upon arrival at our campsite in Alamogordo, NM


Eating lunch instead of setting up camp upon arrival.
I can't talk, I was taking pictures!



At the dunes: I laughed my head off when I saw Jeff being buried in the sand.


This is why you should not laugh at others misfortunes



Dinner at the dunes













Parker Shepherd: the Man, the Legend



Breakfast on Saturday


















Bob's "Faux Hawk."




Eating lunch in the parking lot of a Lowe's Hardware store in Las Cruces, NM















Just a minor sledding injury
I don't know how well you can see it in the pic, but there is a bruise all the way from the base of my palm to the red "strawberry" a third of the way up my forearm.





The toughest part of the trip for the Brewer brothers and me? Being complete studs!








http://www.richard-seaman.com/Wallpaper/USA/States/WhiteSandsNationalMonument.jpg



5 comments:

Mutti said...

Bob, We love the pictures on the dunes and your faux hawk! Looks like a fun trip..

Unknown said...

This is utter pwnage.

Unknown said...

You Pwn

Gina Hurst said...

Bob, I'm so glad that you found me!! I miss you! I hope you and Emily are doing good. Are you still in New Mexico?

Sarra said...

I have 2 comments:
1) You guys looked like you had a lot of fun.
2) Ooo, pretty! (About the dunes)